Saturday, March 9, 2013

Tune in next week

The one constant theme at Raffi's Rallies is that next episode, we'll find out the next bit of info...which will tide us over until the show's next installment.  I hate to mock the whole affair, but I do find such stringing along of the disenfranchised to be a bit irresponsible.  I also fail to see what he expects from the courts: the allegation of violations presented do not seem to be sufficient for annulling the elections, the standard transgressions notwithstanding.

So, what next?  I hope not a spiraling down to calls for Vano to return, or mongol-turk racist invective a la 2008.  To his credit, Raffi has kept his head above the muck, but I do fear that more disenchantment awaits people who think that long term change comes about by chanting in the square every few days.  Five years of political laziness and/or rallying behind has-beens and people who have demonstrated their inability to lead, build teams, and work in the local environment won't get transformed overnight, and sadly, not by following well-meaning people who don't have a plan.

4 comments:

  1. What's next

    http://armenia.im/2013/03/10/whats-next-2/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Interesting post. Thank you for the perspective. I am similarly worried that there is no plan.
      Ararat

      Delete
  2. Thanks for your comment on the Footprints blog. Do you mind officially identifying yourself please?

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are welcome Christian. I prefer to just go by Ararat. My focus is on what I say not who is saying it.
    Ararat

    ReplyDelete